Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer 2014 Playlist

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

from tumblr

Well, summer vacation has started for us and boy, has it been great! An awesome bonus from moving is that neither my sister or I have summer homework, so we are free to spend our days however we please (or whatever the rents think is suitable). The World Cup, dance recitals, work at the kindergarten, and the bittersweet move promise that this will be an exciting summer. Without further ado, here's what has been on repeat for the sunny days:


 summer breeze EP cover art

1. Claire Drummond's Summer Breeze EP.

Claire's light strumming and awesome vocals make this EP the perfect companion for lazying around in a hammock. Or, you know, pretending to while laying in bed.

 2. Yours Truly by Ariana Grande.

Perhaps it's my grandmother's obsession with Problem or the time that we listened to her amazing whistles at a sleepover, but there is something about Ariana's voice that screams summer. Great for girl gang adventures and siblings.

3. House of Gold by Twenty One Pilots.

Simple chord progressions, rapid, vigorous strumming, and Tyler Joseph's vocals make this bittersweet song THE summer song. Sis and I have been learning it on Zach the uke, and it never dissapoints.

4. Be OK by Ingrid Michaelson.

Again with the ukulele. Summer's a time to escape the hectic school life and live two months drama-free. Ingrid has been a long time favorite of mine and her tunes never fail to cheer me up.

5. 505 by the Arctic Monkeys.

To finish it all off, we have this incredible Arctic Monkeys song, their best one in my book! It evokes the feeling one gets when travelling the road at night time- a summer road trip essential for sure. 

What about you? Any songs that remind you of summer?







2 comments:

  1. I love summer music! There's definitely a happier vibe to summer songs, and I love your picks. Especially Ingrid Michaelson! She's one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked it! Summer songs are my favorite, they inspire you to get up and LIVE LIFE because SUMMER'S HERE! Ingrid's just amazing and her songs are so relatable.
      P.S. Your blog design and content is so lovely! Just added you to my bloglovin list :)

      Delete

isabel in disarray © 2014