Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Successfully Throwing a Quinceañera (or two)

Saturday, April 26, 2014
    This Tuesday was my birthday. I turned fifteen- which, in this country, is a pretty big deal. To celebrate, we had brunch at Basilea, the most darling restaurant ever (I might be a tad bit biased since we basically grew up there). It was full of friends and fun- not to mention delicious food like the best carrot cake ever and quiche- and I could not ask for anything better. My grandmother was in charge of setting up the decorations, and I provided the inspiration. 

Potted flowers as centerpieces = no dying plants after a week. 
I have a thing for restaurant signs. The typography is too cute to pass up.
As party favors, we dressed up little succulents- our way of celebrating the Earth!

Flowers, flowers everywhere.

the place settings. vintage fiestaware, favors, and simple white cloth.


Succulents as party favors. Also, my cursive handwriting.
The other window. It was dark outside, but there was enough light for nice pictures. 
favors. again. this one's for instagram. 

good drinks and even greater friends (I'm the one on the bottom left).

And, as a bonus: 

Pictures from the taco night! We had a small celebration with the family that included our own DIY tassel garlands and a lovely donut birthday cake.






No comments:

Post a Comment

isabel in disarray © 2014